Singer Kwinter acts for clients throughout Ontario. The firm is also a resource for lawyers across Canada — dedicated to providing professional legal advice and services to out-of-area lawyers who require specialized, experienced, and local representation for their clients. Referral fees are respected.
Singer Kwinter practice areas include: motor vehicle accidents, acquired brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic amputations, long-term disability, orthopaedic injuries, psychological injuries, injuries to children, recreational vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, slip and falls, wrongful death, chronic pain, occupiers’ liability, bar and tavern liability, products liability, nursing home negligence, fire losses and other major insurance claims.
• Original Wrongdoer Found Responsible for a Subsequent Accident
Urzi vs. North York Board of Education
• “Repeat Insurance Company Offender” Found Liable for $100,000 in Punitive Damages
Brandiferri vs. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance
• $3.5 Million Judgement for Chronic Pain – a Canadian Record
Degennaro vs. Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
• Established New Causation Law in Occupiers’ Liability
Kamin vs. Kawartha Dairy
• $1.4 Million Verdict in Motor Vehicle Accident Trial
Clarke vs. Andrew
• High Costs Awarded Against Insurer Where Fraud Not Proven
Bonaiuto vs. Pilot Insurance
• Supreme Court of Canada Establishes Rights of Beneficiaries in Life Insurance Policies
Oldfield vs. Transamerica Life Insurance Co. of Canada
• The Highest Punitive Damage Award Against an Insurer Upheld by the Ontario Court of Appeal
Plester vs. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance
• Jury Award of $2.5M – Highest Ever for Punitive Damages against an Insurance Company in Canada
Mazza v. Hamilton Township Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
• Leading Court of Appeal Decision Involving a Dog Attack
Wong vs. Arnold
When you’re involved in a legal matter it’s comforting to be able to discuss the situation in a language you are most comfortable with. Singer Kwinter frequently works with interpreters and provides assistance to clients no matter what their first language. Many of our staff members are multilingual. As a result, Singer Kwinter provides legal services in not only English but also in the following other languages: Arabic, Cantonese, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, Yiddish and additional languages upon request.
Based in Toronto, Singer Kwinter strives to make meeting as convenient as possible. We are pleased to serve all of Ontario. Singer Kwinter understands that it can be difficult to travel after a life changing injury or trauma. Our team is happy to meet in a setting that is comfortable and easily accessible for the client and their family – the home, rehab facility or other preferred location across the province.
To schedule a free phone consultation with a member of the legal team at Singer Kwinter, please call toll free 1 (866) 285-6927. We can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week.