Rogers Media Acquires Score Media

Score Media completed its plan of arrangement pursuant to which Rogers Media acquired the television business of Score Media via an acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of Score Media.

The shares of Score Media were placed in a CRTC-approved trust upon completion of the arrangement, with release of the shares to Rogers Media subject to receipt of CRTC final approval.

Under the arrangement shareholders of Score Media received, for each share of Score Media, $1.62 in cash and one share in theScore, Inc., a TSX Venture Exchange listed company which now owns the former digital media business of Score Media. Upon completion of the transaction, the former Score Media shareholders held an aggregate 88 per cent interest in theScore with Rogers Media and its affiliates holding the remaining 12 per cent.

Score Media was represented in the transaction by Jason Badal, Director, Business and Legal Affairs and by McCarthy T├ętrault LLP with a Toronto-based team that included David Woollcombe, Robert Hansen, David Randell, Matthew Appleby, Tina Benson and Waleed Elgohary (business law); Grant Buchanan and Bram Abramson (communications); Jerald Wortsman and Leonard Nesbitt (tax) and Geoff Hall and David Hainey (litigation).

Rogers Media was represented by David Miller, Senior Vice President Legal, General Counsel and Secretary and Michael Webber, Vice President, Legal and by Torys LLP with a team including Sharon Geraghty, Rima Ramchandani, Jamie Becker, Konata Lake and Daniel Doubilet (corporate); James C. Tory (litigation); Edward Fan and Ebad Rahman (intellectual property); Jay Holsten (competition); Andrew Wong (tax) and Lynne Lacoursiere (employment).

Rogers Media was also represented by Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP on CRTC matters with a team including Laurence Dunbar and Scott Prescott.

Levfam Holdings, the holding vehicle of the Levy family, and the controlling shareholder of Score Media, was represented by Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP, with a team that included Doug Bryce, Dave Vernon and Brian Gray.


Brian R. Gray David Randell Robert O. Hansen Tina Benson Ebad Rahman Douglas A. Bryce David E. Woollcombe James C. Tory David Hainey Grant Buchanan Scott M. Prescott Jerald M. Wortsman Sharon C. Geraghty Bram Abramson Geoff R. Hall Jamie Becker David Vernon Rima Ramchandani R. Jay Holsten Matthew Appleby Andrew Wong Edward Fan Leonard Nesbitt