A Tradition of Excellence.
Farris is a leading Canadian law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, and Victoria, B.C. Our full-service firm represents some of the largest public and private institutions and corporations in the province, offering versatile and innovative approaches for over 100 year.
Farris has been rated one of Vancouver’s leading corporate and litigation law firms for over a decade by The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
- 22 Farris partners ranked in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
- 3 Farris partners ranked in The Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada.
- 6 Farris partners listed in Lexpert® Guides to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Lawyers.
- 9 partners in 9 years listed as Lexpert® “Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40”.
Corporate Commercial: Advising on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, cross-border transactions, corporate reorganizations, establishing joint ventures and partnerships, facilitating regulatory approvals, syndicated credit facility transactions, project financing and public/private partnership transactions, private equity investments, incentive and stock compensation plans, and general corporate matters.
Litigation: Farris’ experience includes trial and appellate advocacy, alternative dispute resolution, commercial transactions, securities litigation, labour relations, product liability, administrative and regulatory matters, class actions, bankruptcy and insolvency, aboriginal matters, internet and social media issues, and defamation and other media related law. Farris litigators appear regularly in all B.C. Courts, the Federal Court of Canada, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Labour and Employment: Acting for public and private-sector clients, our labour and employment lawyers advise on all labour relations and human resources issues, including essential services, collective agreements, collective bargaining, corporate downsizing, managing unions and strikes, and workplace policies (harassment and computer/internet use).
Tax and Wealth Management: The Farris Tax team represents a broad range of domestic, international, and public and private clients, and works closely with the Farris Corporate and Securities teams to provide integrated, tax efficient solutions. Our wealth management lawyers advise on business succession, estate planning, wealth preservation and charitable endeavors.
Specialty Practice Areas:
- Administrative & Regulatory
- Asia Pacific Law
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Environmental & Clean Technologies
- First Nations & Aboriginal
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property, Technology & Information
- International Trade
- Life Sciences/High Tech
- Media & Communications
- Mining & Energy
- Privacy & Freedom of Information
- Public Private Partnerships
- Real Estate
- Wealth Management